It is great pleasure to introduce you to Mr. M. Zamir community social worker and the CHIEF EXECUTIVE of the UMEEDT TELEVISION NETWORK & WEEKLY UMEED CANADA community Urdu & English Newspaper:-
Profession: Journalism / Business Administrator
Activities: Political Activities
- Ex-President Conservative Party of Canada (Lasalle-Emard) (Party in Power, Canada )
- General Secretary PML (N) (Quebec / Ottawa, Canada (Party in Power, Pakistan)
- President: Islamic Center of LaSalle (Montreal) Quebec, Canada.
M. Zamir was born and raised in Abbottabad, Pakistan and migrated to Canada in 2006. He came with a vision and a dream to guide the Asian community, focusing especially with the Pakistani community. He has been involved in activities that work for the benefit of the community. It has been his outmost desire to become the community abreast, not only with their homeland but also, the rest of the world.
His passion and vision resulted in Weekly Umeed Canada Urdu Newspaper launched in 2009 in Montreal (Quebec) Canada and later on in big cities all over Canada. Now on March 23, 2011, he will embark on a journey for UMEED multicultural Television Network, striving to make it a raising network on news, bulletins, and entertainment for ages to come. As it will representing the South Asian Community in hopes of bringing out that region’s unique culture and society.
UMEED TV Channel will offer inter-cultural programmers to entertain its viewers of different cultures worldwide. Also, offering local and international news in Urdu, French and English and other languages too. The network feels it is important to keep its viewers updated with the latest events occurring around the world by telecasting sports, politics, international movies, talk shows and documentaries on animals, historical events, social culture and religion.
The network will also include policy matters programmers. A significant feature will be its educational programs for the youth and women, emphasizing on women’s rights.
Mr. Zamir’s vision is to attract the younger generation in the hope that they can value their culture and become more familiar with their heritage and ethnic roots, hence, resulting in harmony, love and peace among the communities.
- He served is duty as a PA Project Director Ministry of Defence Heavy Industrial Taxila, Pakistan from 1988 to 1995.
- 1995 to 2005 Work in Saudi Arabia As a Marketing Manager for Industrial Field like a Supplier of Industrials Material in Saudi Aramco and other Oil & Gas Field
- 2006-2009 Served in Canadian Industries as a Supplier.
- 2009-2011 Chief Executive, Weekly Umeed Canada (Urdu Newspaper).
- 2011- To date Chief Executive Umeed Television Network Canada & Weekly Umeed Canada.
- Mr. Zamir has established his name as one of Social and Political Worker serving to Pakistani community.
- Present Address in Canada: 8230 Rue Dora LaSalle (Montreal) Quebec, H8N 1Z7 Canada.
- Permanent Address in Pakistan: Village & P.O. Rajoya Tehsil Havelian District Abbottabad , Pakistan. (Former NA-12)